International Money Transfer
Based on our past client feedback – here are the problems with using your credit card:
- Foreign currency conversion fees – your bank could impose a percentage fee of up to 3.50% (on a purchase of $10,000, that’s a huge $350). Find out what your bank really charges.
- Unnecessary stress and problems with payment just before surgery – many clients have had problems with their credit cards – with their limit being reached or their bank stopping their card, thinking it is a fraudulent transaction. Obviously this stress before surgery is not good for your healing and recovery, and we really encourage all clients to prepay their surgery to avoid any problems. If you are unsure of the exact amount to pay, just pay what you want to, and you can either top up the amount or get a credit for the amount after your consultation with your surgeon, when you are completely decided on what procedures you would like to have.
To help save your money, time and stress, we have now partnered with currency specialists OzForex and NZForex and CanadianForex so you can send money faster and save hundreds of dollars. Their exchange rates are much better than banks and best of all you can transfer anytime you like online or by phone – they are open 24-hours a day during the week.
By using OzForex/NZForex/CanadianForex you will enjoy:
- No transfer or receiving bank fees in most countries
- Commercial exchange rates rather than the tourist exchange rates given by most banks
- Online access 24/7
- Access to a dedicated Dealer by phone 24-hours a day, 5 days a week
1. Have the amount of money you would like to transfer. Your GG manager will give this to you in a quote after viewing your photos. If you are still not sure the procedures you would like to have, you can forward an approximate amount, and then top up or get a refund once you are at your hospital.
2. Have the bank account details on hand:
- Accommodation – payment must be in AUD to the GG Australia bank account
- Surgery – payment must be in MYR/THB for Malaysia/Thailand hospitals listed or USD for hospitals in Costa Rica or Mexico.
- www.ozforex.com.au for Australia
- www.nzforex.co.nz for New Zealand
- www.canadianforex.ca for North America
4. Or if you would like more information, please call OzForex/NZForex/CanadianForex direct on:
- Australia: 1300 300 424
- NZ: 0800 161 868 / 0800 161 868
- UK: 0845 686 1950 / 0845 686 1950