About Chemical Peels
Asked yourself if there is a chemical peel near me before? Are you ready to rejuvenate your skin while reducing fine lines and erasing certain types of imperfections? Give yourself a deep cleaning treatment called a chemical peel to remove damaged layers and replace them with smooth skin. Check them out with us today.
A chemical peel is a non-invasive, less costly option to cosmetic surgery such as a face lift that will improve the appearance of your skin. Chemical peels are usually used on the face but can also treat your hands or neck.
As the name implies, chemical solutions are applied to the skin to remove the outer layers of damaged skin. The solutions dry and are peeled away, providing a new gleam to your skin.
Chemical peels CAN be used to reduce the effects of certain types of damage to the skin including:
- Acne or acne scars
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Some freckles
- Age and liver spots
- Irregular skin pigmentation
- Rough skin and scaly patches
- Sun-damaged skin
- Age spots and black head as well as enlarged pores
Chemical peels CANNOT correct:
- Remove deep scars
- Tighten sagging skin
- Remove bulges or severe wrinkles
- Change pore size
- Remove broken capillaries
While a consultation with a skilled dermatologist will guide you in the selection of treatments that are the most effective for you and your skin type, men who are NOT candidates for chemical peels are:
- Individuals with infections or active skin diseases such as psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis or rosacea
- Broken or cut skin on the treatment areas
- Active Herpes simplex 1 sores
- Have taken Accutane in the six months prior to treatment
- Have taken prescription skin care products or other skin-lightening agents within 48 hours of treatment
- Facial warts
Discuss your treatment goals and medical history with an experienced dermatologist or one of our cosmetic surgeons to determine which procedure is best for you and your skin type. The doctor may suggest other treatments such as microdermabrasion, face lift, brow lift, or soft tissue filler.
Find out if a chemical peel is right for you. Ready to schedule an appointment?
Want more information about a chemical peel near me?
Contact us with questions.