Preparation For Your Surgery Day
Our Gorgeous Getaways team will assist you throughout your surgery holiday; there are some important guidelines to ensure your surgery day is hassle free and what to do for cosmetic surgery.
Be prepared on time:
We will give you a time in the morning to pick you up from you hotel, please do be prepared at this time, with your bags packed.
- Make yourself as fresh as possible, as it may be difficult to have long showers after your surgery. This will help relax you if you have any last minute nerves!
- Please do not wear any lotions, deodorant powders, perfumes, make-up.
- Wear comfortable, easily-accessible, loose-fitting clothing with slippers.
Do not eat or drink anything after midnight on the evening prior to your surgery (unless your surgeon advises otherwise). Unless your surgery is an evening surgery. You should always abide by your surgeon or anesthesiologist’s instructions.
Pack your hospital bag
Bring to the hospital with you:
- Toiletries: toothbrush and paste, towel
- No valuables, watches, rings, etc. small amount of money needed only for snacks and drinks
- Reading material – magazines, mobile, tablet
- Any medications
- Contact lenses or glasses
- Healthy snacks
- Bottled water
Medication Advice Before Surgery
Avoid the following prior to surgery:
- Do not take Vitamin E, Aspirin or Aspirin containing product (some medication such as Motrin and Advil) which could result in excessive bleeding. Some dietary supplements – herbs, mixing herbal medications may cause similar problems.
- Do not smoke or take Nicorette gum and nicotine patches
- Do not eat or have any fluids the night before the surgery.
The following is recommended to take prior to surgery: many past clients have recommended the following tablets to take to reduce swelling and bruising:
- Vitamin A, C
- Papaya Enzyme
Also, the following products are recommended for scar fading:
- Silicone patches/gel sheets e.g. “Cica-care”, “Mepiform”
- Scar fade gel
Prepare the payment for surgery
You can choose to pay the balance prior to surgery or direct to the hospital. The hospital will confirm the exact amount, based on your decision after your consultation with the surgeon. Please can you prepare your bank in advance by letting them know that you are travelling overseas. These days many banks want to avoid fraud so they can stop the transactions going through. Unfortunately, the hospital will not allow surgery until your procedure is paid for, so it is best to avoid any problems with your bank or credit card company by letting them know your plans in advance. However, you can avoid this by paying your balance to Gorgeous Getaways who will arrange payment on your behalf.
Remember always, that it is healthy and natural to be nervous the night before and the morning of surgery. Tears, laughter and butterflies in the belly are all part of the experience, and don’t feel alarmed if you experience extreme feelings.
Speak to any of our team managers if you are having these feelings, we are there to assist you throughout the highs and lows of your surgery holiday, help with what to do for cosmetic surgery and are always available should you need a hand to hold or shoulder to lean on!