Cosmetic procedures are on the rise as people put an increased emphasis on straightened smiles
There is an emphasis on having a straight smile with people in today’s modern world. The good news is there is now an array of cosmetic dentistry procedures to correct yellow, crooked, missing or gappy teeth.
Everyone can now take advantage not just the rich to restore their appearance and function to their smile. Here are the top five readily available cosmetic procedures.
- An easy way to describe porcelain veneers is it’s like having a good-looking garage door over your tooth to cover imperfections and flaws. Veneers are an ultra-thin, custom made ceramic cover bonded directly onto an individual tooth, creating a naturally beautiful look; since they reflect light and are stain resistant. If you have chipped or crooked teeth, these are for you.
Teeth Whitening Treatments
- Tooth whitening is one of the most widely used and readily available aesthetic dental treatments to battle discoloured teeth. The process works by breaking down tooth stains caused by certain foods and habits such as smoking, drinking coffee, tea or alcohol. You can go on and visit mydentalhome.com here
While there is an inexpensive DIY home kit you can get to do at home, when administered professionally at the dentist using advanced bleaching techniques, the results last much longer and are dramatically better.
- This procedure is also known as tooth reshaping in one session this procedure corrects chipped, cracked, crooked or overlapping teeth. It is commonly used to alter the position, shape and length of teeth. Its surprising the difference a slight reduction or added laminate can make.
- This procedure corrects missing teeth by adding a false tooth to fill the area. Two crowns are usually placed on either side of the false tooth to hold it in place. Unlike removable partial dentures, it’s a permanent fixture that can’t be taken out of your mouth; this is known as a fixed bridge.
Accelerated Orthodontics (Invisalign & Rapid Smiles)
- Do you want to achieve a nice straightened smile in as a little as 9 months, instead of the required year or two it takes traditional braces. If you want to go past crowns, veneers, bonding or the traditional braces, accelerated orthodontics is alternative cosmetic option for you.