Booking Your Thailand Beauty Vacation
I am delighted to see so many requests again for Thailand and are pleased to be able you with your inquiries. If considering Phuket, Thailand for your medical vacation this article serves as an easy-to-follow guide about the “Phuket Sandbox” – How to enter Thailand without quarantine. I am also helping clients book into Bangkok, but the process is different so please email, text, or whatsapp me if you are interested in Bangkok. We also have a lot of clients interested in Malaysia which is set to open up on April 1st, 2022, and we are thrilled to be assisting clients with this process. Even, if you are planning your trip for next year or beyond don’t forget we have a great medical savings program where you can earn high interest on your savings – exclusive to Gorgoeus Getaways.
Here are 5 Easy Steps on How to Enter Thailand under Phuket Sandbox Program:
- Check Your Eligibility
- Foreign and Thai travelers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine registered with the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) or approved by the World Health Organisation (WHO) no less than 14 days before the travel date, and must have a vaccine certificate or card to verify their vaccination;
- Unvaccinated children below 18 years of age traveling with fully vaccinated parents or guardians are required to take a COVID-19 test prior to traveling to Phuket in lieu of vaccination card or proof of vaccination.
Update: Phuket Sandbox program is now open to travelers from any country subject to visa entry requirements.
Do you need a Thai Visa?
The foreigner may enter without a visa (depending on your nationality) or you must determine the appropriate visa to enter Thailand. Here are the most common types of visa you may obtain:
- Visa Exemption (for visiting Thailand for tourism purpose not longer than 45 days)
- Tourist Visa (for visiting Thailand not longer than 60 days)
- Non-Immigrant Visa (for visiting Thailand based on different purpose of stay and the visa is valid for 90 days and it can be extended in Thailand up to 1 year
- Thai Visas with Re-entry Permit
- Thailand Elite Visa
- Book your Flight, COVID 19 Insurance and SHA+ Hotel
Book your Flight to Thailand
At present, certain airlines such as British Airways, El Al Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Airlines, THAI, Qatar Airways, Etihad, Emirates, and other major airlines are permitted to operate flights to Phuket whether it is on a daily or weekly basis.
TIP: On your flight to Phuket if it is not full, please ask the cabin crew if you can be seated two or three rows away from other passengers. In case there is one person who will test positive on arrival, you will not be required to isolate in a quarantine hotel at your expense.
Book your SHA+ Hotel
Despite the fact that there will be no quarantine requirements, all travelers will continue to be restricted to stay at some accommodations that received SHA+ certification, which is issued by Thai government for safety and health measures standards.
- For travelers who wish to visit Phuket only, no minimum stay is required but they must leave Phuket (Thailand) for another country on or before the intended departure date;
- For travelers who wish to continue the journey to other Thai destinations, they must stay in Phuket for 7 nights, and thereafter will be allowed to travel to other parts of Thailand.
- You need make sure your SHA+ Hotel will issue the Letter of Confirmation of your booking and receipt of the prepaid RT PCR COVID tests in Phuket
The list of accredited SHA+ Hotels can be found here:
***To book your RT-PCR COVID test in Phuket, please go to: https://www.thailandpsas.com/
Purchase your COVID 19 Insurance
- Apply for the Thailand Pass
All travelers must apply for the Thailand Pass at least 5 to 7 working days prior to the intended date of arrival.
To apply for the Thailand Pass, please visit https://tp.consular.go.th/ and register by filling in your personal details on the Thailand Pass registration page and upload supporting documents such as a copy of passport, copy of the valid visa, and COVID-19 travel insurance.
For more information about the new system, please visit the Thailand Pass page.
- Obtain COVID-19 Test
After receiving your Thailand, you must obtain the following:
- Medical Certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected. The COVID test must be by the RT-PCR method, conducted within 72 hours before departure. Some airlines do not accept home kit tests so please check specific requirements with the airlines you are traveling with.
- Prepare your documents before departure
You should print and present these documents to your airline before departure:
- Thailand Pass
- Valid visa in your passport (if needed)
- Vaccination Record/Certificate/Card
- Printed Medical Certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected. The COVID test must be by the RT-PCR method, within 72 hours before departure.
- COVID 19 travel insurance certificate
- Confirmation Letter of SHA+ Hotel booking
- Receipt of RT PCR COVID tests booking in Phuket
- Confirmed of travel itinerary